Recipe adapted from Baking with Basil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Tip: For dry ingredients, soon to be incorporated with wet ingredients, I love these silicone mixing bowls.
2. On medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until completely combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is until incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in zest and vanilla. Add flour mixture in small batches, alternating with additions of buttermilk and lemon juice, and beating until just combined after each addition.
1 1/2 sticks Butter, Softened
1 1/2 packages (8 Ounce) Cream Cheese, Softened
5 cups Sifted Powdered Sugar (more if needed)
2 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1-2 tablespoons milk (as needed)
1. Cream together butter and cream cheese until combined. Add 3 cups powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon vanilla, combine completely. Add remaining powdered sugar and vanilla, combine completely. If the consistency of the frosting seems too thick, add milk 1 Tablespoon at a time. If the consistency of the frosting seems too thin, add more powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
2. Frost cupcakes as desired. I prefer with a pastry bag and a medium to large piping tip. Finish with blueberry drizzle (recipe below).
1 cup blueberries
1 Tablespoon water
1/4 cup sugar
1-2 tablespoons corn syrup (as needed)
1. Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat.